It is best not to add tap water when using a humidifier
Cleaning is the key, change the water every day
The humidifier must be cleaned carefully before use, otherwise the bacteria or fungi that have accumulated on the inner wall for a year will enter the room with the sprayed aerosol and be scattered in the dust or on the items.
These microorganisms grow rapidly when they encounter suitable temperature and humidity, and enter the respiratory tract and lungs of the human body through fine water droplets, which may cause allergic reactions, fever, respiratory tract infections, and even pneumonia.
Suggestion: It is best to change the water every day and clean it thoroughly every two weeks, especially the humidifier that has just been activated, be sure to keep it clean. When cleaning, use as little sterilant and disinfectant as possible, rinse with running water repeatedly, and then wipe off the scale around the water tank with a soft cloth.
For the elderly and children, it is best not to use tap water
For convenience, many people pour tap water into the humidifier. However, tap water generally contains chlorine, impurities, and even bacteria. When the flora enters the air, it will cause certain harm to the elderly, children and other people with weak resistance.
Recommendation: It is recommended to use cool boiled, purified water or distilled water with less impurities. If your home has limited conditions, you can let the tap water sit for two days before adding the humidifier.
The air humidity should be kept at 45%~65%
If the air humidity is too low, especially below 20%, the inhalable particles will increase, which will easily cause respiratory discomfort and dry skin. When the air humidity is 45% to 65%, germs are not easily spread; It will lead to the growth of bacteria, dust mites and molds, causing people to experience symptoms such as respiratory discomfort and decreased immunity.
Suggestion: Install a hygrometer at home to monitor the air humidity at any time. You can also roughly judge the air humidity through your senses: if you feel dry skin, itchy eyes, dry nose and throat, the air humidity may be too low; if you feel stuffy , there is condensed water vapor on the walls, floors and desktops, and the humidity may be too high. You should stop using the humidifier and properly open the windows for ventilation, otherwise it may cause problems such as allergies and asthma.
Do not blow in the face, at least 2 meters away from people
When the humidifier is working, impurities, bacteria, metal ions and other impurities and germs in the water will also drift into the air along with the water mist.
If the humidifier is facing the face at this time, or is too close to the head of the human body, fine particles with a diameter of less than 2.5 microns will pass through the layers of barriers of the human respiratory system and reach the interior of the alveoli, thereby causing respiratory diseases. exposed to radiation.
In the case of reasonable placement, the mist of the humidifier will be dispersed in the air with the wind to achieve a uniform humidification effect, but many people like to blow the humidifier against themselves.
If you are too close to the humidifier, the bacteria on the inner wall will undoubtedly be inhaled into the respiratory tract and lungs "without waste", resulting in respiratory symptoms such as coughing and chest tightness, and in severe cases, "humidifier pneumonia" may occur. If it is a skin allergy patient, a face is "evenly" moisturised by bacteria, and it is easy to be allergic.
There are two types of humidifiers we commonly use: fan type and ultrasonic type. A test conducted by the Environmental Research Institute of the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention shows that the fan humidifier has relatively large radiation. When testing the radiation close to the large fan humidifier, the radiation intensity is 49mt (radiation unit) when used in low-end, and when used in high-end. When it is 32mt, it is attenuated to 0.52mt at a distance of 1 meter. The ultrasonic spray humidifier has been tested and found that its radiation is extremely small, and it can be used with confidence regardless of the distance.
Recommendation: Try to choose an ultrasonic humidifier. The humidifier with a large amount of spray should not be too close to the human body, especially not facing the face, at least 2 meters away from the human body. In addition, in order to ensure the humidification effect, the humidifier should be placed on a stable plane 0.5 meters to 1.5 meters above the ground.
Just adding "materials" will hurt the body
Some people use the humidifier as a "disinfector" and add disinfectant, alcohol, white vinegar, essential oil, toilet water, etc., which is not advisable.
If the disinfectant is in high concentration, it may cause damage to the upper respiratory tract. The concentration of white vinegar is very low, and it is directly emitted and then diluted into the air, which not only fails to achieve the purpose of sterilization, but stimulates the mucous membrane of the pharynx. It is also not recommended to put volatile products such as essential oils and toilet water in the humidifier. These products contain chemical ingredients, and some people with allergies are prone to asthma and other diseases when inhaled.
Don't keep it open, keep the windows open for ventilation
Many people will turn on the humidifier all day or all night, and the room is particularly prone to excessive humidity and hazy fog.